What is a Biaxially Shrink Film?
Biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP) film is a type of flexible packaging film that is not heated and shrunk in a heat tunnel. In recent years, it has also been used in the production of LDPE film, which is the most cost-effective packaging alternative. It is an expensive and difficult manufacturing technology. Yet, when compared to other film manufacturing procedures, biaxially shrink film has superior mechanical performance properties and several critical properties such as tensile strength, toughness, heat stability, tear initiation resistance, and barrier. For BOPP films, a significant amount of shrinkage is required at relatively low temperatures compared to other films.
How to Produce a Shrink Film?
Shrink film is manufactured in co-extruder machines utilizing low density polyethylene raw material in single or multi-layer configurations. Low Density Polyethylene Raw Materials that have been melted and thickened by the use of high heat PE Shrink Roll Film are created by altering the sizes and thicknesses using molds found in filmco-extruder machines.
After the customer acquires other desired features (printing, punching, laminating, etc.) and the produced films are approved for use by the quality control department, they are taken to the cool air storage room and rested where they are ready to be shipped.
These usable shrink films are re-heated at shrink machines placed in ordering companies, and it is ensured that the products to be packed are tightly grabbed and gripped so that the products are squeezed and protected from external causes.
What Are the Other Types of Shrink Films?
New Generation Shrink Films, Shrink Films for Fully Automatic Machines, Shrink Films for Semi-Automatic Machines, Printed Shrink Films, Perforated Shrink Films, Magazine Packaging Foils
“Shrink films are successfully applied in many other sectors such as water, beverages, automotive, food, forest products, cleaning materials and so on.”
What are the Benefits of Biaxially Shrink Film?
- -Biaxially Shrink Film is impact resistant.
- -Biaxially Shrink Film leaves absolutely no taste and odor in the packaged products.
- -It protects your products from adverse environmental conditions (sun rays, rain, wind, dust and all insects)
- -Biaxially Shrink Film is the most economical and ideal packaging material for long distance transportation.
- -Biaxially Shrink film is the best in terms of cost and ease of use in industrial use.
- -While high machine investments are required in other packaging techniques, these investment costs are very low in the shrinking technique.
- -Biaxially Shrink nylon is resistant to cold and heat.
- -The shelf life of products packaged with Biaxially Shrink Film is long.
- -Biaxially Shrink Film is flexible and therefore takes the shape of the product.
- -Biaxially Shrink roll is transparent and provides advantage in the sale of the product.
- -Istanbul Plastic and Packaging production Biaxially Shrink nylon is environmentally friendly and has 100% recycling feature.
- -Shrink film production is hygienic, it should be a material in contact with food.
- -Biaxially Shrink Film is produced in every desired color, size and thickness in accordance with the requests and demands of the customers.
P.S: Shrink film is also known as şiring film, şirink film, şiling film, şilink film in Türkiye.
Available Dimension, Thickness and Length of Shrink Films
|10 cm||30 mic -150mic||150 mt / 500 mt|
|20 cm||30 mic -150mic||150 mt / 500 mt|
|30 cm||30 mic -150mic||150 mt / 500 mt|
|35 cm||30 mic -150mic||150 mt / 500 mt|
|40 cm||30 mic -150mic||150 mt / 500 mt|
|45 cm||30 mic -150mic||150 mt / 500 mt|
|50 cm||30 mic -150mic||150 mt / 500 mt|
|55 cm||30 mic -150mic||150 mt / 500 mt|
|60 cm||30 mic -150mic||150 mt / 500 mt|
|160 cm||30 mic -150mic||150 mt / 500 mt|